July 4, 2011

Daniel Radcliffe's Battle with Alcohol

Harry Potter star, Daniel Radcliffe recently opened up in an interview with Time Magazine regarding his current battle with alcoholism. In the interview, he admits to becoming dependent on alcohol saying "I became so reliant on alcohol to enjoy stuff". 
The 22-year-old movie star expressed that he had achieved a 'new found freedom' by not having a drop of alcohol in the past two years. He admitted that "I was just so enamored with the idea of living some sort of famous person's lifestyle that really isn't suited to me". Radcliffe believes that without alcohol "I'm really pleasant and I'm not f**k**g up totally all the time." This just proves the fact that movie stars are people too and they have their own share of problems. 
I must say that the interview was very refreshing as the Harry Potter series has portrayed Radcliffe in a rather innocent light. This interview really makes Radcliffe seem real, grown up and ready to transition in a new phase of his life and his career as he not only leave his iconic role in the series behind but a troubled past in alcohol addition. Good stuff & Kudos.

No comments:

Post a Comment